OPEN FOR ENROLMENT
Innovo Mandarin 1A
The only course you'll ever need for FAST TRACKING your Mandarin learning.
Innovo Mandarin 1A is the ultimate all-in-one programme, ideal for people who study on their own, work full time, or are enrolled on a formal course or busy with families and other things.
The course puts you at the centre and actively encourages you to build on a Mandarin linguistic and cultural repertoire for years to come. Guided by a proven process that GUARANTEES progress, you'll be able to speak and use what you learn from Day 1.ENROL NOW
After over a decade of helping my students with their Mandarin, I've developed a streamlined system that works if you are:
- Stuck in neutral with no idea of how or where to start
A beginner with some knowledge of Mandarin already but doesn't have a plan for your learning. Maybe you've watched some YouTube videos or attended a couple of lessons but got confused quickly and gave up
- Searching for an elusive 'perfect' method that will make you speak and use Mandarin as quickly as possible
- Struggling to progress with your current plan. You've tried language exchange, Mandarin learning apps, face-to-face classes but you don't feel like you're progressing at all
- Hoping to develop your motivation and confidence of learning Mandarin
- Too busy finding the time to learn Mandarin or don't feel like you are making the most of the time you spend on the language
You're in the right place and I'm going to tell you how Innovo Mandarin 1A will give you the knowledge, tools, and guidance you need to finally achieve your language learning goals.
"Alan is very patient, reliable, helpful and accommodating. I got my exam results this week: from having been floundering before Christmas, I have achieved the perfect score to enter my dream university and it is no exaggeration to say that I would not have achieved this without Alan's help. Cannot recommend him highly enough!"
Why Mandarin Chinese?
Mandarin, along with English and Spanish, is one of the three most widely spoken languages in the world.
1. The beauty of the Chinese language is one of the best reasons for learning it. Although Mandarin is different from European languages, it is actually NOT difficult to learn! For beginners, the hardest parts are the tones and the characters (where we have a solution for both). The grammar, however, is surprisingly simple and logical.
2. China's economy has been growing exponentially over the 15 years. It passed the U.S. and Germany as the biggest exporting country in the world. China is home to the world's longest high-speed railways as well as international companies like Alibaba, Tencent, Huawei, and JD.
3. China is also one of the most diverse countries when it comes to traveling. You'll stay in metropolitans like Beijing and Shanghai, join hiking tours in the beautiful nature of the Tiger-leaping Gorge, or visit breath-taking places like the Great Wall, the Terracotta Warriors and the Potala Palace.
4. China has one of the longest continuous culture in the world, more than 5,000 years. Whether we are talking about its literary classics 'the journey to the west' or arts such as the calligraphy and the traditional opera, the Chinese culture is one of the richest in the world.
The reason goes on!
Why Innovo Mandarin?
Innovo Mandarin was designed for you! There are video lessons, podcasts, articles, games, flashcards, quizzes, character practice sheets and so much more.
Get Full Life-time Access to the Course
Whether you are a complete beginner or have some knowledge about the Mandarin language, Innovo Mandarin 1A will guide you through the most efficient way to learn pinyin, tones, characters, vocabulary, grammar, and conversation skills. The goal of the course is to build your confidence in learning, speaking and using Mandarin Chinese and prepare you for the next level.
Learn from an Experienced Teacher and Researcher
Alan, founder of Innovo Languages, has been teaching Mandarin as a foreign language since 2006. He has a Bachelor's degree in Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language from Beijing Foreign Studies University (北京外国语大学), an MSc and a PhD in language education from the University of Edinburgh. He started teaching Mandarin in UK schools from 2010. He currently works for various national exam boards in the UK and trains Mandarin teachers for Scottish schools. He was invited to be the external assessor for the PGCE modern languages teacher training programme at the University of Manchester. He has taught Mandarin to students of all age groups and professional backgrounds.
Learn Mandarin from Anywhere
Innovo Mandarin is a fully online language course/app. You can study the lessons and work through the supplementary materials on your computer, your phone, or even listen to it as podcasts on your way to work thanks to the broadcasting quality audio recordings.
We understand not everyone is interested in taking Mandarin exams, but students who complete the course found it surprisingly easy to pass entry level exams such as HSK 1/2, GCSE and National 4/5. This is because the materials were created in such a way that you never have to worry about passing exams again!
Everything You Need to Speak and Use Mandarin with Confidence
Without the right method or guidance, you can find learning Mandarin frustrating, boring, difficult, and even get lost or lose motivation quickly.
With the right teacher and course, you'll not only save time, but be rewarded with the ability to speak and use a cool new language with confidence!
More importantly, rather than figuring out how to learn Mandarin yourself, you can spend your energy on learning how to pronounce the tones correctly, how the characters really work and how to structure your learning.
Innovo Mandarin is for you!
But above all else...
Innovo Mandarin will improve your knowledge about the Mandarin language immediately. No more boring repetitions; everything you hear and see on this course will be explained in a concise manner. The course encourages you to actively think while working through the materials so you are always in control.
The course has everything you need to speak and use Mandarin from the very beginning. It guides you through the basics of the Chinese language and teaches you how to learn any language. Plus the course is packed with practical tips and interactive activities even in the videos!
With over a decade of experience teaching Mandarin as a foreign language, I will unveil the most common mistakes for beginners so that you can spend your time more efficiently.
To Sum It Up: Innovo Mandarin Will Fast Track Your Mandarin Learning and It's Officially OPEN for Enrolment
Innovo Mandarin 1A will help you to:
- Quickly grasp the basics of the most fascinating language in the world
- Find ways to balance learning Mandarin with a busy life
- Listen and speak Mandarin with confidence
- Read and write Chinese characters without fear
- Identify the best tools and resources for learning Mandarin as a beginner, intermediate or advanced learner
- Lay a solid foundation for your learning after completing the course
- Understand the Chinese culture better and the Chinese people/community around you
- Enhance your future study/career prospects
What's inside Innovo Mandarin 1A?
#1 Core Contents
This is where you’ll build a foundation of essential Mandarin knowledge and skills.
Remember, the main reason you get overwhelmed with all the other Mandarin lessons, tips and tactics out there is because they aren’t rooted in a SOLID linguistic and educational framework.
Core contents ensure that you develop a comprehensive understanding of beginner Mandarin, and you’ll also have total clarity on what you need to do next and how you will find support.
- 50+ 1080p HD on-demand video lessons (over 12 hours): this is the 'bread and butter' of this course. The content was designed based on my experience of teaching small classes and one-on-one students. I will take you through all the pieces of the puzzles (pinyin, tones, characters, words and phrases). Each episode is short and to the point but also with interactive activities such as deduction, shadowing, and consecutive translation. We follow the same routine in each lesson as they are the fundamental building blocks for successful language learning.
- 40+ Character practice sheets with stroke order breakdown: learning to write Chinese characters can be difficult at the beginning. This is why most of the characters you see in this course (approx. 150) will be 'decomposed' and used in context. Understanding and recognising the characters is the first step to tackling this major barrier for most Mandarin learners. At the end of each lesson, you will also be provided with a printable character practice sheet in which you'll review the stroke orders and practise writing them in your own time.
- Interactive online activities after each lesson: at the end of each lesson, you get to practise what you learned with integrated interactive tools. These tools include: matching games, flashcards, writing tools, memory tools, and self-generated quizzes.
#2 You Choose What to Learn
Innvo Mandarin 1A was designed for you to take control of your own learning. Whilst I will provide you with a guide, you get to decide what you want to learn.
- Beyond the basics - extension words that challenges your learning: To ensure a rock solid Mandarin learning foundation, we’ll start with the basics. You’ll walk away with total clarity around WHAT you need to learn and HOW to learn it. In each lesson, I also challenge you with a set of extension characters and words (an additional 150 characters and words). These words will help you quickly expand your existing knowledge and develop the range of your vocabulary. Some of these extension words may appear as essential words in future lessons. Because you'll have life-time unlimited access to the course, you can always come back to the lessons to challenge yourself.
- Rich learning contexts: I’ll show you how to unleash your untapped language learning potential. Language learning is re-learning. Guided by this principle, you'll get to encounter vocabulary and grammar in different contexts - this reinforces your memory and improves your motivation to learn and confidence to use over time.
- Checklists, roadmaps, cheat sheets and more: the course is packed with supporting materials such as checklists, roadmaps and cheat sheets. These additional study materials will ensure that you have the best chance to succeed.
#3 Learning to Learn
This step is all about developing a better understanding of how to learn a language. By the end of the course, you’ll have developed a clear and action-oriented plan for learning Mandarin, including how to tackle the different aspects of the language. The best part? You’ll see its immediate impact.
- Learn how to create a personalised action-oriented plan for language learning: your learning will go beyond memorising random words and repeating them over and over again. It will be intentional and meaning focused.
- Simple guide for creating an effective learning plan: you’ll learn how to create a week-by-week work plan for Mandarin learning based on needs analysis and goal setting principles. You’ll also learn how to integrate the learning of four skills in your overall language learning plan.
#4 The Ultimate Mandarin Learning Resources
Along with walking you through the fundamentals of the Chinese language, I'll also introduce to lots of Mandarin learning resources. Most of these resources are free so you don't have to pay a fee to access them. What's more important is that they are not restricted to beginners; in other words, you'll have everything you need and more to advance your learning journey. These resources will help you with
- reading skills,
- listening skills,
- speaking skills,
- writing skills,
- character recognition and writing,
#5 Innovo Mandarin 1A Course Content
Finally, to be completely transparent, I outline the topics to be covered in this course. Remember, you'll develop both receptive and productive skills so there are plenty of opportunities to listen, speak, read and write Chinese. You'll learn a total of around 300 characters and words. The topic of each lesson aims to promote the development of your communication skills, vocabulary and grammar knowledge.
- Module 1: Greetings
- Module 2: Saying ‘thank you’ & ‘goodbye’
- Module 3: Introducing yourself & talking about nationalities
- Module 4: Describing the people you know
- Module 5: Describing family members, numbers 1-99 & talking about age
- Module 6: Talking about language skills & food (likes and dislikes)
- Module 7: Dates, days of the week and months & talking about future plans
- Module 8: Ordering food and drinks & asking for prices at a shop
- Module 9: Describing locations & talking about jobs
- Module 10: Talking about household items
- Module 11: Telling the time & talking about daily routines (free time activities)
- Module 12: Talking about the weather & health
- Module 13: Talking about past actions & telephone numbers
- Module 14: Shopping
- Module 15: Making small talk
The lessons in each module were recorded in 1080p full HD with broadcasting quality audio so you can watch and listen to the lesson in any setting. The recording is about 12 hours, but don't watch it in one go!
12 MONTHLY “ALL THINGS MANDARIN” LIVE IMMERSION SESSIONS
This 60-minute monthly immersion and Q&A session with me and other students will ensure that your Mandarin learning action plan is full of exclamation points instead of question marks.
You’ll get access to an exclusive monthly Mandarin immersion session with me for an entire year so that no matter what point you’re at in your Mandarin learning journey, you'll get to immerse yourself in lots of speaking and listening activities and all your most burning questions will be answered.
What You’ll Get:
- Learn best practices from me and make progress quickly.
- Learn new vocabulary and communication strategies to improve your confidence and make your learning experience more enjoyable.
- Hear from other students about their pain points and learn strategies that keep you one step ahead.
- Get a downloadable recording every month that you can revisit to learn from it.
LANGUAGE LEARNING GOALS
A Step-by-Step Training to Identify Needs and Set Language Learning Goals.
Many language learners give up after a month, three months or a year because they set vague and unrealistic goals e.g. ‘I want to be fluent in Chinese in one year!’ or ‘I will study Spanish for 10 hours every day’, so it’s important that you set yourself clear, realistic and measurable goals.
This bonus content will introduce you to goal setting and needs analysis. You will learn all about language learning goals before setting your personalised goals to success.
TWO ONE-ON-ONE LANGUAGE LEARNING STRATEGY CALLS
Get started with your Mandarin learning by scheduling two one-on-one language learning strategy calls with ME!
In the first call, you will get personalised advice from me about how to learn Mandarin and how you can make progress immediately.
In the second call (usually 4 weeks after you enrolled on the course), we'll get to review your progress and tackle any challenges.
One-time payment customer only!
For beginners, Mandarin tones and pronunciation can be tricky. With this bonus, you have direct access to ME for more personalised pronunciation support.
For the first four weeks of enrolling on the course, you will be able to send me direct voice messages and get feedback about your tones and pronunciation immediately.
SENTENCE PACK WITH BROADCASTING QUALITY AUDIO
These sentences cover ALL the sentences in the core contents. Each sentence will be ready twice in slow speed and in normal pace. You can practise shallowing and consecutive translation with these sentences to quickly improve your pronunciation, fluency and codeswitching skills.
EXCLUSIVE MEMBERS-ONLY COMMUNITY
Studying an online course can be lonely, which is why I have created an exclusive members-only community for all my students to interact with each other. You will have life-time access to this positive and supportive Mandarin learning community where you can discuss your progress, share insights, overcome struggles and celebrate achievements!
I'll also be posting some surprise contents from time to time!
Here’s what you’ll get when you enrol during this limited time period:
The Entire Innovo Mandarin 1A course which takes you from just getting started to soaring past your dream language learning goals without guessing your way to success or getting stuck in overwhelm.
- 50+ 1080p HD on-demand video lessons (over 12 hours) in 15 modules;
- 40+ character practice sheets with stroke order breakdown;
- Interactive online Mandarin learning activities with immediate feedback at the end of each lesson;
- Beyond the basics - extension words that challenges you while you learn;
- Rich multimodal contexts for vocabulary and grammar learning;
- Checklists, roadmaps, cheat sheets and more;
- A personalised action-oriented language learning plan based on needs analysis and goal setting principles;
- Guided discovery of the best FREE Mandarin learning resources for your future learning.
(A £997 Value) + BONUSES
When you add it all up, that’s a total real-world value of £2,215.
But because I’m super excited to welcome you into Mandarin 1A, I’m giving you the opportunity to enrol TODAY for just…
Plus you’ll be backed by a 30-day 'try it, test it, apply it' money back guarantee
If you’re on the fence… Or if other courses have left you sceptical… Then I want to give you EVERY opportunity to put Mandarin 1A into action.
You'll get a full MONTH to go through the course, keep up with the lessons, implement my method and see immediate impact.
A Personal Note
Hi! I'm Alan Huang. I have been teaching Mandarin as a foreign language since 2006. I grew up in the northeast part of China and learned English as my first foreign language at the age of 12. I travelled to Scotland to study for my Master's in language education at the University of Edinburgh when I was 21, and received a distinction a year later.
I went on to study my PhD in education with a full scholarship from the University. While I was doing my PhD, I also taught Mandarin of all levels at a Scottish secondary school where my pupils have:
- received 100% pass rate in all national qualification level exams,
- been awarded the SQA Outstanding Advanced Higher Mandarin Candidate for Non-native Speakers award and
- won the prestigious HSBC/British Council Mandarin Speaking Competition in 2011, 2013 and 2015.
My pupils went on to study Chinese in Cambridge, Oxford, SOAS and other top institutions.
I secured a permanent academic position in a Scottish university immediately after my doctoral studies and began my career as a language teacher trainer and researcher.
Speaking Mandarin is an essential life skill in the 21st century. This course builds on my decades of learning English as a second language and teaching Mandarin as a foreign language. By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- grasp the basics and beyond of the Mandarin language
- listen and speak Mandarin with confidence
- read and write Chinese characters with no more fear
- develop a language learning plan that is personalised and action oriented for your future learning
- pass entry level exams such as HSK 1/2, GCSE and National 4/5 with ease
- understand the Chinese culture better and the Chinese people/community around you
- enhance your future study/career prospects.